Thursday, June 2, 2016

Great Flute Solo Pieces

Hi tout le monde! How are you? My computer died, and my story I was writing died with it. :(
Saaaaad. So I'm tapping this out very slowly on an iPad. Well, I was using the iPad, but then I got fed up with it and now I'm borrowing a parents teeny little computer. This little keyboard will take a tad getting used to, XD!
Anyhoo, I don't want to come off as prideful, but I'm getting good at flute and Piccolo. I even have a certificate to prove it!
VICTORY DANCE!!!!!
Ahem! So anyway When you start getting to the advanced levels, you need to find repertoire that will keep you on your toes (aka, hard pieces that deflate your sense of over-achievement ;D)!
So I'm going to do a mini blog series about flute pieces that will definitely keep you busy.
This isn't just for flutists too, this is for anybody who wants to get acquainted with some new music! There is a lot of great flute repertoire out there, I hope you enjoy it!

A list of the pieces I will rant about...

Mozart Flute Concertos in G maj, D maj, and Flute and Harp Concerto in C Major

Flute Concertino in D Major by Cecile Chaminade

Carmen Fantaisie by Georges Bizet and Francois Bourne

Nielsen Flute Concerto

Sonata for Flute and Piano by Sergei Prokofiev

... And Much More!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)