Monday, September 1, 2014

55 Favorite Songs From Musicals #3: All I Ask of You

From The Phantom of the Opera, which is my sister's Very Favorite musical, so we've been listening to it a bit lately.
I don't consider myself a romantic (at least not a very big one), but this might just be one of my favorite love duets. Evah. The music and orchestration is absolutely gorgeous and the Light/Day/Morning based lyrics that Raoul sings are in stark contrast to the Darkness/Nighttime based lyrics that the Phantom uses in his songs. Very interesting. And it's so dang sweet!



Then say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
Let me lead you from your solitude
Say you need me with you here beside you
Anywhere you go, let me go too.
Christine, that's all I ask of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)