Wednesday, August 27, 2014

55 Favorite Songs From Musicals #2: According to Plan

Today is my sister's first day of orchestra, so wish her luck!! She plays violin, and the song they're working on is something from a ballet by Schubert. Rosamunde, I think.
Ahem. XD
According to Plan is the opening number from Corpse Bride, and while it does have a good tune, interesting lyrics and all that, I think that a stronger opening number would be one that doesn't focus on the horrible parents. It does a good job establishing the setting of the story, but the people singing are not that pleasant.
That having been said, According to Plan is really fun to sing, and that's why it gets on the list. I know that the animation is a little strange, but I really like the look and feel of stop motion animation, and I think it looks really good in this movie.



 
It's a beautiful day! / It's a rather nice day.
A day for a glorious wedding!/  A rehearsal my dear, to be perfectly clear
A rehearsal for a glorious wedding!
 
Assuming nothing happens that we don't really know/ That nothing unexpected interferes with the show!
And that's why everything, every last little thing, every single tiny microscopic little thing must go according to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)