Monday, June 16, 2014

An Interview with Ice Cream

Hey guys, recently my dear amiga Ice Cream (see our collaboration here) started her own blog, and this post is so you can all sort of get to know her, fun yeah? Let's get down to business. :)
Ice Cream's Blog

1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Ice Cream! Why don't you tell all the nice people what made you want to start one?
 I was jealous of you!  I wanted a cool blog like you had, with tons of people visiting and commenting!  Just kidding :)  I really just felt like I needed a way to be able to practice my writing skills, talk about stuff that bugs me and rant about stuff that I love!  And of course, blogs are just neat and fun to have  :)

2. We know that first and foremost you are a Catholic, so let's have a serious question here. What is a way that being Catholic influences your daily life? What do you think it would be like if you weren't Catholic?
Hmmmmm, well, I suppose that being Catholic influences just about everything in my life.  It definitely does make life better though.  Being Catholic helps me see the higher, nobler, more beautiful side of everything.  I've imagined how my life would be different without Catholicism, and trust me, it would not be pretty.  I would probably have some serious disorders, spiritually and mentally.

3. What are some of your most favorite books ever? Besides Lord of the Rings, that is. ;)
Monica, how could you!!!  How could you make me put aside my love of Lord of the Rings for even an instant!  That's like asking me to chop off a limb!!!!  But if I must pick something else......  This is a toss up between Regina Doman's Fairy Tales Retold Series and The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale.  Both really good series, but I think if you held me at gunpoint and forced me to choose, I would choose Regina Doman's series, totally awesome and very Catholic!

4. How 'bout movies? Again, aside from Lord of the Rings?
 Again with no Lord of the Rings!!  I really like the X-Men movies (Ignoring all the immoral sex scenes and the bad language), and I like the Hobbit movies too ;)  Got you there didn't I?  I like Frozen, but it's not my favorite.  Like the Lego Movie too, but again, not my fav.  I'm not sure I have a favorite besides Lord of the Rings!  This question does not compute!

5. Go ahead and rant about what you like about Lord of the Rings. :)
 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you!  I've been dying this whole time!!!!!!!  Okay, first off, I really love the allegorical aspect of the Lord of the Rings!  It's amazing how every time I read through the books, I find some new way that the Lord of the Rings reflects Catholicism and the life of Christ.  I also really love the awesome characters (especially Gandalf, Frodo, and Legolas, in that order).  I also really like Tolkien's way of telling the story, it's something that you can't find in a lot of writers anywhere, anytime.  I feel like Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings mirrors it in 'The Yearling', but compared to Tolkien, it's like a candle is to the sun!  Wait, we're talking about the books right?  I'll talk a little about the movies, just so they don't feel left out.  I loooooooooooooooove the visual aspect of the movies, it's amazing!!!!!!  I also really like the soundtrack, it's so dramatic, quiet, and sad, in all the right parts!  I also like how in the movies Gandalf has some pretty awesome quotes that weren't in the books, but sound like they should be.  I remember reading the books after watching the movies (I know, how awful right, I watched the movies and then read the books!  I'm trying to encourage my younger siblings to stay away from that mistake), and thinking "What?!  What Gandalf (or some other character) said really sounded like it was straight from the book!"  Wow, that was the longest answer yet!  Moving on!

6. You're in a Homeschool Drama group, tell us, what's a play/musical you'd just love to do? And what part would you want to play?
 I would really love to do 'Oklahoma', mostly because that's where I was born :)  I would probably want to play Laurey, 'cause she's pretty cool.  She is really wishy washy though, at least when it comes to marriage.  Ado Annie is the exact same way..... wait a minute.  Why is it that for the first time I'm noticing a pattern here?  All the girls are wishy washy and can't decide who they want to marry!  I need to watch the movie version again, it's been too long.

7. What would you rather have as a pet? A talking dog who criticises your every move, or a giant ape who ignores you?
 A giant ape that ignores me.  At least I can pretend that nothing's different!  The talking dog would just be annoying and I might be tempted to, uh, dispose of it.

8. What's some random little thing that just bugs the heck out of you?
Talking dogs that criticize my every move.  No, actually, it's when I'm babysitting my younger siblings and they won't listen to me.  I suppose that's not little, but it does bug the heck out of me.  Also, when people watch over my shoulders as I surf around on the social media stuff.

9. If you had to pick one, would you rather stay isolated in your home forever, or be exiled from your home forever?
If I was exiled from my home forever, would I still be around people?  Could my family visit me?  If the answer was yes to either of these questions, then I would rather be exiled.  Solitude is not my thing.  And if the answer was no, then I would still rather be exiled.

10. Enough of the ennui filled questions! Howabout you give us one of your favorite quotes, Bible verses, or literary passages before you go. :)
Okay, there's this really cool quote from 'The Fellowship of the Ring' movie (this is one of the quotes that sounds like it should be in the book).  Gandalf is talking to Frodo about the Ring, and Frodo says "I wish It had never come to me."  And Gandalf says (and this is paraphrasing, it's been a few months since I've seen the movies), "So do all say who live to see such times.  But that is not their choice.  Their choice is what to do with the time they have been given."  Love that quote so much!!  One of the best ever!

Thanks again, for answering the questions, Ice Cream! It was very nice reading your answers, and on an unrelated note, I can't wait to visit you fellows again. :D
God Bless, and g'bye!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me do this! It was a lot of fun :D
    Oh, and you've checked off like, three more books from your list, give us some reviews pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, I had fun too!
      ... well, since you said pleeeeeeeeeeeease. ;) I just need to find a way to describe Coraline without sounding like a horror-phile.

      Delete

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)