Monday, October 20, 2014

The Janeite Tag! :D

Hi everyone! I was tagged for the Janeite Tag by Hamlette http://theedgeoftheprecipice.blogspot.com/ and I'm looking forward to answering all her questions! Thanks for tagging me! And I'm so sorry I haven't posted this sooner! It's been kind of a stressful week, what with exams and such. We learned another irregular verb and I'm freaking out over vocabulary. :P But let's forget all that for now, and get on with it!


 

The Rules:
Thank and link back to the person who tagged you.
Tell us how you were introduced to Jane Austen and share one fun fact about your Janeite life (this fun fact can be anything from "I stayed up all night reading Emma" to "I visited Chawton and met Anna Chancellor.").
Answer the tagger's questions.
Write seven questions of your own.
Tag as few as one or as many as seven other Janeites and let them know you've tagged them.

How I was Introduced
My mom has always had the books around, and I had been exposed to the various adaptations a lot, my favorite being the Gwyneth Paltrow 'Emma' and the Persuasion from the 90's. I didn't start reading them until I was around 14 and I had to read Pride and Prejudice for school. We erm, won't go over that in detail because it didn't end well. The jist is, I wasn't really a big Jane Austen fan until I read Emma, and then all of a sudden I was quite addicted! I've read all the books except Sense and Sensibility, but I'm planning on reading that whenever I finish the awesomeness that is The Count of Monte Cristo. Whenever that may be.

Fun Fact...?
I um... don't believe that I have one! Well, when I was 11 I tried to match all the people I knew to characters from Emma. I was Emma Woodhouse, some obnoxious kid from Church was Frank Churchill, and I can't remember anything else.

Allrighty! Hamlette's Questions!

1. Would you rather board with the Bennets or the Tilneys for a fortnight?
I'm going to have to say the Tilneys! I'd take a gruff jerk over giggly girls any day of the year.
2. Would you rather have Edmund Bertram or Edward Ferrars as your pastor?
Wow, their names are so similar that at first I couldn't remember which one was which! Um, Edward Ferras, just because he's a little more interesting?
3. If you could play any Austen character in a play or movie production, who would you want to portray?
I don't believe there are any Austen heroines who look anything like me. XD But if we were ignoring matters like really dark eyebrows and a totally Californian complexion, I would so want to play either Marianne Dashwood or Catherine Morland. :) Or Emma.
4. Which Austen book makes you laugh the most? (Or do you not laugh over any of them?)
Emma and Northanger Abbey both had me constantly in stitches. :D
5. How many times have you read your favorite Austen book?
Only once. I just recently started reading the Austen books, so I haven't had time to loop yet.
6. Which Austen parents do you think do the best job of parenting?
Hmmmmm, I don't think that I could answer that because I haven't read all of them, but of the ones that I have read I think that Catherine Morland has a nice, normal family with regular, non-paranoid or negligent parents.
7. If you could make a new movie version of any Austen book, which one would you adapt, and who would you cast? (Feel free to get as detailed as you want, or just cast the principals -- your choice.)
Um, pass! I really don't know a whole lot of actors. :P

Okay, here's the jist. I can't think of any questions at the moment, but as soon as I think of them I'll post them. Then again, I might just go over the verb 'Faire' a million times because that's a little more pressing at the moment. Sorry! XD

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see what you think of The Count of Monte Cristo when you finish it :-D

    But anyway, I totally agree with your answers on 1 and 6 -- that's what I would've picked too. And isn't Northanger Abbey completely hilarious? I'm chuckling just thinking about it. "Now I must give one smirk, and then we can be rational again." Have you seen the movie version with JJ Field? If not, get the American version (the one Amazon sells) -- it's got one somewhat objectionable scene removed that's in the British version. And it's adorable...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Northanger Abbey is the only Jane Austen novel that I haven't watched any adaptations of, actually! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if they have it on Netflix!
      Somewhat objectionable scene? That's weird, what did they stick in there?

      Delete
    2. You can read my full review here for more detail than I'll put in a comment box :-) Basically, to illustrate that Catherine reads far too many gothic romance novels, they have her having dreams that mix people she has met in Bath with scenes from novels. Most of them are captive-women-being-menaced-and-rescued, but there's one that's got implied nudity. And it is NOT in the US version, the one that says "Masterpiece -- as seen on public television" on the cover. However, there is still a scene with Isabelle Thorpe in bed after obviously having had a tumble with Captain Tilney. So it's definitely a PG13.

      Delete

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)