Saturday, November 15, 2014

Back in Orchestra...

I have a weird relationship with orchestra. When I'm there playing it's really fun, but when I come home and practice I get a little psychotic to say the least. Then I waited out this semester because I needed to get acclimatized to my college classes, and I really missed it! I was actually a little teary eyed when I was studying to Schubert's Unfinished Symphony, which we played the previous semester.
Anyway, I'm back, and my little sister joined, and just had her first concert this last Sunday!! They played two pieces, Rosamunde by Schubert, and Danse Bacchanale by Saint-Saens.

Here's Music to Rosamunde. This is a rather surly piece, with an uber-cool opening. As the song goes on it's less surly sounding and lightens up a bit, but it has a terrific stormy sound, it makes me think of a thunderstorm. :)



Here is Danse Bacchanale. First off, this orchestra is playing waaaaaayy faster than Libby's orchestra did. Second, the conductor makes really funny faces! XD
This song is just... it gives me chills. It is so completely and totally awesome. From the mischievous flutes at the beginning, to the insane violins towards the end, to the epic and loud brass at the very end. It's A. M. A. Z. I. N. G.

Anyway, I just felt like sharing those with you guys! I'm feeling very excited about orchestra, and I'm very proud of Libby. :)
Stay frosty, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)