Friday, January 30, 2015

YET ANOTHER Book Meme!

A book meme, because I don't have any new comics to post. :P Working on a super long one though!

A. Author You’ve Read The Most Books From
Um, I don't know! Either Jane Austen, or... I don't know. When I was little, I read a TON of Mary Pope Osborne's Magic Tree House books. :P
B. Best Sequel Ever
Oh! Oh! Oh! Brother Odd by Dean Koontz! It's a scary, but also very moving story, and the characters are so cool. This book actually made me a leetle-bit teary at some parts, too.
C. Currently Reading
Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoi. But the second one is more of a backburner kind of thing.
D. Drink of Choice While Reading
I don't really drink while I read because I'm paranoid about spilling on my book. XD
E. E-Reader or Physical Books
I prefer Physical Books, but I do own a kindle, so I could go either way.
F. Fictional Character You Would Have Dated In High School
None of them, because I don't want to experience a stupid teen breakup.
G. Glad You Gave This Book A Chance
Black Beauty. I thought I would hate it, but I read it to make my sister happy, and I discovered that it's actually a very nice book! So many good passages, and the characters were cool, even though I wasn't too attached to them.
H. Hidden Gem Book
The Brothers Karamazov. I thought it would be really dry and boring, but I read it, and I REALLY liked it!
I. Important Moments of Your Reading Life
Um... Je ne sais pas!
J. Just Finished
The Count of Monte Cristo, but that was almost a month ago by now. And I already want to read it again!
K. Kinds of Books You Won’t Read
I dislike Young Adult fiction. I've been giving certain YA books a chance, like The Hunger Games, and Ender's Game, but generally, it's a genre that I just really hate. I could explain why, but that would be a REALLY long post. Oh, and romance. Most romance isn't my cup of tea.
L. Longest Book You’ve Read
Either Les Miserables or The Count of Monte Cristo.
M. Major Book Hangover Because Of
I don't know! I know that was at a loss on what to read when I finished The Idiot. But I'm not quite clear what a book hangover is, so yeah.
N. Number of Bookcases You Own
[looks over shoulder] Uh, One and a half. Some of my books are on my nightstand, and others are on the bookshelf.
O. One Book That You Have Read Multiple Times
A Tale of Two Cities, most of the Odd Thomas books... pretty much any book I like, I'll read it to death, like The Tale of Despereaux.
P. Preferred Place to Read
Anywhere comfortable. :)
Q. Quote From A Book That Inspires You/Gives You Feels
Aw, there are so many! But I'll pick just one... oooooooff. Just one of many, mind you!!

Monte Cristo was beginning to think, what he had not for a long time dared to believe, that there were two Mercedes in the world, and he might yet be happy.

R. Reading Regret
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. RRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHATETHISBOOK
S. Series You Started and Need to Finish
Uh, I don't know! The only series I've really been reading was Odd Thomas, and that series finished this past month!
T. Three Of Your All-Time Favorite Books
Les Miserables, A Tale of Two Cities, aaaaannnnddd...... Brother Odd. No, Emma. No wait, I um, can it be top four books of all time? XD
U. Unapologetic Fangirl For
[shrugs] Lotsa things.
W. Worst Bookish Habit
Uh... they make me stay up very late when I have exams the following day? And I have a tendency to judge books before I read them. Because I'm just a meanie like that. XD But I'm sometimes proven wrong, like with Black Beauty! So I'm not so close-minded that I won't admit I was wrong about a book. ;)
V. Very Excited For This Release More Than Any Other
I was super excited for the last Odd Thomas book... (gotta stop ranting about that)
X Marks The Spot (Start On Your Bookshelf And Count to the 27th
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. :)
Y. Your Latest Book Purchase
A nice copy of Les Miserables. Because I'm just frivolous like that. ;)
Z. ZZZ-Snatcher (last book that kept you up WAY late)
So many books did this! But Les Miserables kept me up super late many times. I remember being up past 2 am, and I read from the fall of the barricade all the way to Javert's suicide. It was just so gripping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)