Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Day in Carmel

So, Wednesday is music day, where my sister has violin lessons, and I have orchestra on the rich part of the county. Oops, was that out loud? (Yes, yes it was.)
Anyway, Carmel, where the violin lessons are, is a real cute town. Except for the bizarre art and sculptures. Ahem. Oh with the pictures!
 
Violin lessons are inside the basement of a Methodist Church. I felt so weird typing that sentence. Anyway, when She In the Hello Kitty Hat is at her lesson, me, Dad, and He In the Bobble Hat go walking around town.
 
I call it 'Misery Upon the White Things'.
Saw some... bizarre sculptures. Really no words on this, there are just too many questions to ask.
There's this candy shop called Cottage of Sweets, and as the name suggests, they have a lot of candy. We usually buy some sour belts, but they sell some pretty weird stuff. Like giant Smarties, Humungo Jaw-Breakers...


Behold... The wall of Gummy!
Yeah. Lots and lots of candy. It smells so awesome in there.
 
After that we like to go to a little shop called Tea Rose Collection. Sounds really prestigious, but the lady there is really nice and helpful. It's a pretty shop, and even has a second story.
It was about this time that we noticed it was raining.
 
I like the back porch.






Upstairs...


Looking down from upstairs...


Me wearing a 1920's hat. And making a stupid face.

 
I got a lot of pictures in the tea shop. XD

 It was almost pouring, and we totally had the foresight to bring an umbrella. Not. So yeah, we had to hike back to the car until it was time to pick up She Who Wears the Hello Kitty Hat from violin.


I tried to get all 'artsy' and photograph my hand in front of the raindrop-py window. Not sure if I succeeded or not.




So yeah, Carmel, won't you? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)