Thursday, November 14, 2013

Guest Post by My Sister

Hi! Welcome to my monthly guest post! [This angry red font, by the way, is Xochitl. My sister wanted to do a guest post on here, so I figured I'd let her. XD So long as she doesn't do anything reputation-wrecking... She's just a kid, so be forgiving if her observations are less than professional.] I'm doing a Dream Cast for Les Miserables, because there aren't any recordings that are 'perfect'. It'll probably make at least one of you mad, but I sure hope it doesn't! :)
[Tactful, Sis... Very, very, tactful...]
Let's begin!
Jean Valjean
Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean
I think he made a really good Jean Valjean. He was really sweet with Cosette, and his acting was good. Sometimes his voice got shrimpy, but besides that I thought he was really good.
[Can I just say how much this picture cracks me up? I mean, I bet Marius is off-camera all like "Ahhh! I didn't mean to fall in love with your daughter, don't shoot!"]
 
Javert
Philip Quast as Javert
His voice is really snarly, and in the confrontation he sounds really disgusted with Jean Valjean. His singing voice is really awesome, and Stars was really good! [That's all? I could rant about this guy for ages!]
 
The Bishop of Digne
Colm Wilkinson as Bishop Myriel
Aw, he was so awesome! And he made a really good Bishop. I like how they brought him back in the end, too!
 
Fantine
Ruthie Henshall as Fantine
 Ahhh, she sounded really awesome. He character was really good, and she was really pitiful in lots of parts. I really liked how she did Fantine's Death, too.
 
Cosette
Amanda Seyfried as Cosette [She's the one on the left :D]
Her voice was what Cosette's voice should sound like, her high notes were really pretty! A Heart Full of Love sounded the best, out of all the Cosette songs. She was sweet, and she was actually sad when Jean Valjean left at the end!
 
Marius
Michael Ball as Marius
Allright. He's the best Marius I could find. His voice is pretty good, and his acting is adorable! I really liked him in A Heart Full of Love, the way he was straightening out his clothes to impress Cosette!
 
Thenardier
[We could not find a picture of this slimy guy. But she picked the fellow from the Complete Symphonic Recording.]
Well, he's funny in Master of the House, and he's creepy in Dog Eat Dog, like it's supposed to be. And he sounds really... grunge-y.
 
Madame Thenardier
Jenny Galloway as Madame Thenardier
She's really funny. The Thenardiers are gross, so let's get off them quickly!
 
Eponine
Samantha Barks as Eponine [Hey, what is that down in the corner? A giant prune?!]
She really looked like Eponine, and her acting was pretty good! I liked her best in A Little Fall of Rain. The acting was really sad. She was actually acting like she was shot, but it wasn't disturbing or hammy.
 
Gavroche
Daniel Huttlestone as Gavroche
He makes a really good Gavroche, even if I can't understand what he's saying sometimes. [Subtitles would come in handy, to translate his cockney accent.] It was funny how he kept singing Little People while they were beating up Javert.
 
Enjolras
Harpo Marx Aaron Tveit as Enjolras
He sounded best in The Final Battle. His acting was really good, it gave Enjolras a personality besides "RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!". And his voice sounds like a muffin! :D [I... don't know how to explain it, she thinks that if his singing voice were a food, it would be a muffin. I cannot explain why. -_-"]
 
Well, I hope you enjoyed my Dream Cast! See you next month!
[And I'll see you... Sometime this week. XD]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have enabled comment moderation, but you have nothing to worry about unless your comment has swearing, vulgar language, or is rude and uncourteous.
Feel free to subscribe to follow-up comments, since I'll probably respond sooner or later.
Oh, and if you're commenting with the anonymous setting, please leave a name or alias at the end of your comment, so that I can have something to call you. :)